Jump Start Swimming's Policies
Cancellation Policy: Private lessons may be cancelled and rescheduled up to 3 days prior to scheduled appointment. If lesson is cancelled less than 3 days prior (and not due to illness or weather), the lesson will be forfeited. Group lessons will proceed at the scheduled time regardless of how many students attend (i.e if only two of three students show up for a group lesson, the lesson will still proceed with two students). There will be NO MAKE-UPS for group lessons.
Refund Policy: We offer a Money Back Guarantee if you are not satisfied with your instructor after the second lesson. Our refund policy says the SECOND lesson in order to allow for the instructor to assess the child's abilities, temperament, willingness to learn, etc. and allow for adjustments in their curriculum based on these factors. If after the second lesson you are not satisfied, you may either change instructors or receive a full refund. If you are not satisfied towards the end of the package, you may receive a refund of any future (incomplete) lessons. WE DO NOT REFUND COMPLETED PACKAGES or COMPLETED LESSONS.
Crying Policy: Please let your instructor know (preferably before the first lesson) if you are concerned with your child crying. We all know children cry, especially when they are in new situations without Mom and Dad. Our instructors are trained for this and will assess the situation to determine if the lesson should proceed or be rescheduled. The majority of the time, the lesson will proceed as scheduled and the instructor will work with the child to make him or her feel more comfortable, and eventually the child cams down and has fun. We have found that taking a child out of the water when he is crying teaches him that he can get out if he cries and that is not what we want! We ask that you please let the instructor make the decision whether to proceed or not. If you have any concerns, please call us.
New Instructor Request: If you are not completely satisfied with your instructor, a new one can be requested. All remaining lessons will be taught by the new instructor. However, we ask that you give your original instructor a chance to assess your child's temperament, skills, willingness to learn, etc. before requesting a new instructor!
Payment Policy: Payment is due before we can match you with an instructor. We offer a Money Back Guarantee if you are not completely satisfied by the second lesson. Multiple lesson packages can be added to the cart to allow for a one-time checkout.
Discounts: Jump Start Swimming offers multiple discounts to help make our swim lessons even MORE affordable! Only one discount can be applied per purchase. For more information on our discounts, click here.
Late Policy: If a client is late to lessons conducted at a Jump Start Swimming's pool, lessons will proceed ONLY during the scheduled time, regardless of the lesson length. (Ex: if client arrives for a 30 minute lesson at 12:10, rather than 12:00, lessons will end at the scheduled time of 12:30). If the instructor arrives late, the lesson will proceed for the entire scheduled lesson duration.
Pool Temperature: The pool temperature should be warmer than 80 degrees for children 6 and over, and at or warmer than 85 degrees for children under 6. All children (and adults) tend to learn better in a pool that is between 80 and 89 degrees. If an instructor feels that the pool is too cold for your child to safely and comfortably swim in, they have the right to reschedule lessons to when the pool can be heated.
Weather Policy: In the event of light rain or cloudy weather, lessons will proceed as scheduled. In the event of LIGHTNING AND THUNDER lessons will be canceled and rescheduled to another date. The instructor and client have the ability to reschedule lessons due to weather. This must be agreed upon by both parties. If you do not speak to the instructor prior to the lesson, assume it will proceed as scheduled.
Pool Safety Rules
These rules are meant to keep your children and family safe and should be enforced by both instructor and parent on any and every pool deck. We encourage parents to enforce these rules even when instructor is not present, to establish good water safety habits that will last a lifetime.
1. NO RUNNING on the pool deck.
2. PARENTS are responsible for watching all children outside the pool AT ALL TIMES. We are NOT responsible for any injuries obtained outside the pool under the parent's watch.
3. NO SCUBA MASKS (or any goggles covering the nose) will be permitted as these can pose a safety hazard when used improperly.
4. NO DIVING unless permitted by instructor.
5. No HORSEPLAY or distracting behavior (in the pool or out) during lesson time.
Instructor's Pool Rules
(These rules will be enforced when lessons take place at a Jump Start Swimming location.)
1. Please apply SUNSCREEN at home 30 Minutes BEFORE your lesson begins. Please DO NOT bring sunscreen with you to your lesson. Sunscreen destroys the pool liner and upsets the balance of chemicals in the pool.
2. Only ONE child will be allowed in the pool at a time unless participating in a group lesson. Siblings, cousins, friends, etc. will need to wait their turn before entering the pool or spa.
3. Please use the restroom BEFORE coming to lessons. If you need to use the restroom, please be sure you are completely dry BEFORE entering the house.
4. Please be ON TIME! Arrive dressed for swimming, with a towel and goggles if needed.
5. Visitors are welcome to QUIETLY WATCH under the covered patio. Any questions, comments, or concerns will be addressed after the lesson.
6. Please NO GUM in or around the pool!
7. Please pull all LONG HAIR back (out of child's face). Please do not use Bobbie pins as they rust and ruin the bottom of the pool.
8. Please CLEAN UP after yourself.
9. All POOL TOYS and teaching aids will be provided. Please leave all of yours at home.
10. The point of enrolling children in swim lessons is to teach them to swim and float on their own. For this reason, NO FLOTATION DEVICES will be permitted.